Saturday, January 8, 2011

Well it took 17 weeks, but they are here....

My hormones have finally arrived...in full force. I have spent the last few days going from high to low and back and forth. Thursday, I left school, was fine, couldn't get hold of Seth on the phone (mind you he is at work in a spray booth and typically doesn't have his phone on him or answer it on the clock) and then started to cry. I felt like a CRAZY person. I tried calling my dad to validate my feelings and he was busy, so I called Amanda who reassured me that my feelings were legitamate, agreed with me and made me feel much less insane. Friday, I barely got out of bed, made it to work, my students were great, but by lunch I wanted to cry because the person I eat lunch with was helping with interviews so I couldn't eat with her...again...CRAZY. This morning I woke up, watched a movie, hopped in the shower and then decided that I didn't want to get dressed because everything I would try would look awful and I would never look as cute as all those other pregnant girls. My way of coping? I want to stay home all day and clean my house. BUT, I have a family event (that I have been looking forward to, mind you) today at 1:00 in south Austin.

So here's what I need. I just need people to agree with me in terms of my baby and my pregnancy. If I say I think it's an alien, just go with it. If I ask you to look at various parts of my pregnant body and ask you if it's normal, the answer is yes. If I pick up the ugliest thing known to man and say how precious it is, just leave it alone. If I say I feel ugly, help me find something else to wear. The other thing I need....VALIDATE my feelings! If I'm weepy and crying, tell me it's okay to feel that way, that it's normal. If I call and you answer and all you hear is crying, tell me you love me and it's going to be okay. If I'm angry and acting like a looney person, explain to me that it's okay to be angry but try to divert my attention to something else. Don't tell me I am over-reacting. By the time we are having that conversation, it's too late. I am in complete meltdown mode and logic just won't work.

I feel like I'm not asking much. Agree with me (to pregnancy related items) and validate that my feelings are okay and normal.

2 comments:

  1. It's all totally normal, not to mention worth it. I have found the most effective thing I (as a crazy pregnant lady) can say in moments of meltdown are, "I know this sounds nuts, but it is the way I am feeling right now." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope your pregnancy is going well. Every day is filled with something new for me. All excited and wonderful, but I'm definitely taking it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete