Monday, July 12, 2010

Really?

Busy day today...
Church program until noon...great day for sure. Then came home to Seth, who was hungry so we went into Taylor for a burger and a blizzzard...I know, typical south Texas...but it was good. When we came home, I went and mowed the backyard (we will have company Saturday night and I feel like the backyard looks like we are WT...) When I finished, Seth came out back (he was busy cleaning inside and in the garage and knows that I find mowing to be very therapuetic) and helped me clean up the yard. We have two very large dogs so our yard was a mess. Needless to say, we filled the trashcan with backyard "goodies" that the dogs had torn up and now our yard looks very clean and green! yay!

It was SUPER hot out so after we finished I suggested going up to CHili's for a few drinks...after all...after working hard in the heat of the day, I deserved an adult beverage! Great time. Drank, ate a few chips and ordered some food to go for a night at home enjoying movies...BUT we get home and REALLY????? Suddenly, we are completely disinterested in time watching movies or other things together! Are you kidding me?! Three double vodka tonics in and I am pissed...ridiculously I might add.

Funny how a few (well maybe more than a few) drinks in and I feel the need to be the center of the universe and then get mad because that is NOT what happens. I can't decide if I am irritated with Seth or myself. What would you have expected? In my mind we were going to continue the wonderful fun conversation we were having at dinner when we got home...ummm...no. Instead it was..."do you think blockbuster has any new movies out?" SERIOUSLY???? Why don't boys get it? The date doesn't end because we walked into the house! If anything...it should get BETTER! Oh well. Movies aren't that bad, but I was really enjoying our conversation.

Again...it might be me...we all know boys don't think the same way as girls and that is how God made them...and why God gave girls a good sense of humor and lots of paitence.

Oh rundown of food for the day: I tried some new stuff...Schnitzl? and German potato salad (just enough to taste) egg whites, english muffin...oh and three, well make it four vodka tonics and a blizzard...but I totally busted my butt to work it off this afternoon. Lots of water though...so that's a plus...and exercise...plus two right?

No comments:

Post a Comment